Drive Train/Brake Disc (Standard w/o Reverse)
5. Remove the cap screws and lock washers secuﬁng the chaln-case cover; then remove the cover.
CAUTION Never use an impact driver on models with a composite chain case. Damage to the chain case will occur.
1. Remove the chain-case drain plug (located on the lower back side of the chain case inside the tunnel) and drain the chain case lubﬁcant.
2. Open the belt guard and remove the dﬁve belt.
6. Loosen the mechanical chain tensioner bolt; then remove the cotter pins and washers secuﬁng the tensioner spﬁng to the link pins. Remove the spring, rollers, and washers.
3. Remove the cap screw and washer secuﬁng the dﬁven pulley; then account for and note the position of any alignment washers.
7. Remove the ﬂex nut securing the front roller cage and roller. Remove the cage and roller.
4. Slide the dﬁven pulley off the dﬁven shaft; then remove the driven pulley from the engine compattment. Account for the stub shaft, key, and alignment washers.
8. Set the brake lever lock; then remove the lock nut and spﬁng washer secuﬁng the bottom sprocket and the lock nut and spﬁng washer secuﬁng the top sprocket.
NOTE: On AWS VI models, account for the inner and outer O-rings.
NOTE: If the driven pulley is tight on the driven shaft, pull the driven pulley off using the Driven Pulley Puller (p/n 0744-023).